Our salon guarantee
We provide a high standard of service, if for any reason your expectations have not been met please let us know by speaking to reception or our managers, or if you prefer please, get in touch via our contact page. We really do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns.
Salon bookings, deposits, confirmation & cancellation policy
Cancelation No-Show Policy
We understand your time is precious and occasionally you may need to cancel or reschedule an appointment. You are most welcome to do this with at least 24 hours notice, to give us the opportunity to resell the appointment time.
Late cancellations (24 hours or less) missed and no-show appointments will be charged the booking fee.
If you cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice and we are able to refill the appointment time, we will refund the value towards the cost of your next appointment.
Booking an appointment with The Stress Exchange should be easy! You can book online, or via The Stress Exchange App (the preferred method of our regular guests) or by phone.
Whichever way you book, you will be asked to secure your appointment with a booking fee. The fee will vary depending on the value of the service and if you are a new or known guest.
We typically require a 50% deposit; however, some bookings require the full value of appointments (depending on the booking structure, e.g. multiple service providers, private parties etc).
Financial penalties for no-shows/late cancellations are fair and reasonable and reflect the true losses we suffer as a direct result of the missed appointment.
The booking fee will be fully refunded if a service or treatment cannot be provided by us for any reason.
Keeping to Time
If you are running late, we will do our best to accommodate you, but we may not be able to provide the full service, or your appointment may be moved to an alternative operator. Please note, the full-service value will be charged.
Why do you take a booking fee? Because like your time, our time is valuable; in fact, the team pay relates directly to the time they sell, so when guests don’t arrive for their appointments team members are directly impacted, as is the business.
If I cancel ahead of the 24-hour policy, can I have my deposit back? Yes, in full, or you can leave the money on your account for a future booking.
If I reschedule my appointment within the 24-hour period, will I be charged? Yes, you will be charged and asked to pay a second deposit for the rescheduled appointment. However, if we resell the original appointment time, we will refund the money to your account for you to use towards a future booking or deduct it from the rescheduled appointment.
How is the booking fee used? The booking fee will go towards the value of the service you have booked, or if you fail to turn up or cancel late your deposit will be used in lieu of the missed appointment or late cancelation.
Is it legal to charge a booking fee? Yes, it is legal, financial penalties for no-shows/late cancellations are fair and reasonable and reflect the true losses we suffer as a direct result of the missed appointment.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
We accept most major credit cards: Visa, MasterCard and Amex. We do not accept cash or cheques.
Allergy Alert Testing
For your safety (and peace of mind) we carry out Allergy Alert Testing prior to all of our colouring services (including highlights, root tints, eyebrow and eyelash tints).
- If you have used an at-home colour kit, had a tattoo (including henna) or permanent makeup in the preceding twelve (12) months, you must have an Allergy Alert Test prior to your colour service.
- If you have not had colour service with us within the past 6 months, you must have an Allergy Alert Test prior to your colour service.
Please call the salon on 020 7357 7006 to arrange a patch test at least 48 hours prior to your appointment.
The test is free and takes just a few minutes (appointments are not necessary, just pop into reception when it suits you best).
Tiered hairdressing pricing
Our hairstylists offer a broad range of services; some have more experience than others which is reflected in our pricing structure giving you greater choice for your hairdressing needs. Due to the nature of our business, from time to time we may use more products and/or spend additional time to create your desired look. Should this be the case we reserve the right to state all prices quoted are from. Long hair technical services are priced on quotation.
Children under 16
Hair and beauty salons are generally not considered a safe environment for children. To protect your child:
- We ask that hair appointment guests under 14 are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- If you wish to bring a young child with you whilst you are having your hair done, we ask you consider that they remain in their pushchair during your service for their safety.
- If you are having colour or straightening services please do not bring young children as these treatments can take several hours to complete and may become stressful to you and your fellow guests.
- Children over 12 may have beauty treatments when accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- For children under 16 we recommend a consultation with a therapist prior to a new treatment. We reserve the right to refuse to carry out treatments if we believe it is appropriate to do so.
Alcohol before beauty treatments
We recommend you do not consume alcohol before most beauty treatments as this may lead to skin sensitivity and this is a risk to health and safety.
Hair & beauty consultations
A complimentary consultation is offered to all new clients visiting The Stress Exchange. This may add approximately 15 minutes to your first appointment. A consultation is important for health, safety and medical reasons and also importantly enables us to tailor the service to best suit your needs.
Hair & beauty gift cards
- Gift cards cannot be exchanged or refunded for cash.
- Lost or stolen cards cannot be replaced.
- Gift cards are valid for 12 months from purchase.
- Gift cards may be used towards services and retail but not for osteopathy services or hypnotherapy.
- Account Cards cannot be exchanged or refunded for cash.
- Lost or Stolen Cards may be replaced at a cost of £10 only with proof of purchase (valid The Stress Exchange till receipt).
- The value of this card will expire if not used within 12 months of purchase however your course may expire sooner. Please see course terms for details.
- Your Account card is only valid towards the course purchased (it is not transferable between courses).
Salon security cameras
For the safety of salon guests and employees we use CCTV in all public areas. Images are recorded and stored for up to 30 days.
Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you soon.