Our salon guarantee
We provide a high standard of service, if for any reason your expectations have not been met please let us know by speaking to reception or our managers, or if you prefer please, get in touch via our contact page. We really do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns.
Skin patch testing
For your safety (and peace of mind) we carry out patch tests prior to all of our colouring services (including highlights, root tints, eyebrow and eyelash tints). If you have not had colour service with us recently, please call to arrange a patch test at least 48 hours prior to your appointment. The test is free and takes just a few minutes (appointments are not necessary, just pop into reception when it suits you best).
Tiered hairdressing pricing
Our hairstylists offer a broad range of services; some have more experience than others which is reflected in our pricing structure giving you greater choice for your hairdressing needs. Due to the nature of our business, from time to time we may use more products and/or spend additional time to create your desired look. Should this be the case we reserve the right to state all prices quoted are from. Long hair technical services are priced on quotation.
Salon cancellation policy & deposits
We appreciate your time is precious and occasionally you may need to cancel or reschedule an appointment. You are most welcome to do this, but we do need at least 24 hours notice so we have the opportunity to resell the appointment slot. Late cancellations, missed and no-show appointments will be charged 50% of the appointment cost. Services over 60 minutes may require a 25% deposit.
Children under 16
Hair and beauty salons are generally not considered a safe environment for children. To protect your child:
- We ask that hair appointment guests under 14 are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- If you wish to bring a young child with you whilst you are having your hair done, we ask you consider that they remain in their pushchair during your service for their safety.
- If you are having colour or straightening services please do not bring young children as these treatments can take several hours to complete and may become stressful to you and your fellow guests.
- Children over 12 may have beauty treatments when accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- For children under 16 we recommend a consultation with a therapist prior to a new treatment. We reserve the right to refuse to carry out treatments if we believe it is appropriate to do so.
Alcohol before beauty treatments
We recommend you do not consume alcohol before most beauty treatments as this may lead to skin sensitivity and this is a risk to health and safety.
Hair & beauty consultations
A complimentary consultation is offered to all new clients visiting The Stress Exchange. This may add approximately 15 minutes to your first appointment. A consultation is important for health, safety and medical reasons and also importantly enables us to tailor the service to best suit your needs.
Payment methods – credit cards & cash
We accept most major credit cards: Visa, MasterCard and Amex. Minimum card payments £10.00. We no longer accept cheques.
Hair & beauty gift cards
- Gift cards cannot be exchanged or refunded for cash.
- Lost or stolen cards cannot be replaced.
- Gift cards are valid for 12 months from purchase.
- Gift cards may be used towards services and retail but not for osteopathy services or hypnotherapy.
- Account Cards cannot be exchanged or refunded for cash.
- Lost or Stolen Cards may be replaced at a cost of £10 only with proof of purchase (valid The Stress Exchange till receipt).
- The value of this card will expire if not used within 12 months of purchase however your course may expire sooner. Please see course terms for details.
- Your Account card is only valid towards the course purchased (it is not transferable between courses).
Salon security cameras
For the safety of salon guests and employees we use CCTV in all public areas. Images are recorded and stored for up to 30 days.
Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you soon.